Hyatt PBX - Telephone Operator - Part-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
The PBX Operator is at the heart of the resort and is in many instances the first and last interaction our guests have with us. This position is responsible for handling incoming and outgoing phone calls; responding to guest requests; learning and disseminating basic hotel information; and being knowledgeable of procedures and techniques necessary for the smooth operation of the department. The PBX Operator is required to display exceptional customer service, possess excellent phone manner, a working knowledge of computers and phone systems and be able to think and act independently as appropriate for situations that may arise. Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering all incoming calls in courteous manner
- Connecting guests and employees to the appropriate extensions
- Be familiar with hotel, its services and the local area.
- Following through in resolving guest issues and/or requests accurately
- Handling all emergencies according to established resort procedures.
- Distributing messages for guests and employees
- Dispatching calls to Engineering, Housekeeping and Security via the 2-way radio
- Applicants should be able to remain poised during periods of high-volume and stressful situations.
o At least one year of related switchboard experience in a resort/hotel environment is preferred o Listening and verbal skills to answer and respond to guests inquiries by telephone o Prior customer service experience and skills o Courteous and clear speaking voice o Excellent communication skills - read, write and speak English fluently o Ability to use the computer, manipulate keyboard and mouse o Position requires sitting at least 75% of the time, standing and walking 25% of the time. Bending, stooping, reaching, lifting no more than 20 pounds occasionally, pushing and pulling occasionally. o Must have flexible schedule and be able to work all shifts, including holidays, weekends, and evenings.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: TUC000299