Hyatt Laundry Supervisor - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
Have a thorough working knowledge of all laundry equipment. Supervise laundry personnel to ensure maximum productivity levels are maintained. Complete monthly inventory and reorder chemicals when needed. Maintain the cleanliness and operation of the laundry equipment.
- To monitor daily job performances of employees.
- To provide adequate staffing in the laundry by creative scheduling in accordance to staffing guidelines and outlet covers.
- To maintain a good working relationship with managers and develop a thorough understanding of their linen needs.
- To maintain high quality control and productivity level reviewing job performance and providing re-training as needed.
- To maintain a re-wash program for stained linen.
- To work closely with laundry purveyors to ensure quality and application of laundry products is of highest quality, while being cost effective.
- To maintain poundage reports.
- Scheduling of employees
- Assisting in performance reviews
- Monitor the safe operation of the equipment in laundry
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General knowledge of laundry Supervisory skills Good communications and organizational skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School Graduate or GED equivalent. 1 year of Laundry or Housekeeping Supervision
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift up to 45 lbs Bending, crouching, kneeling, consistent standing, heavy use of arms
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Above average noise levels with consistently hot/warm temperatures
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000317