Hyatt Group Fitness & Personal Trainer - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
The function of the fitness facilitator is to assist the fitness manager in the creation and implementation of new programs specific to the resort. The fitness facilitator will instruct and monitor the various physical fitness activities, provide personal attention to the guest’s needs, and safety. These activities may include swimming, swimming instruction, and/or trail running. Essential Functions:
- Evaluates the guest’s physical fitness level before beginning an exercise session.
- Performs one on one private training session.
- Prepares the fitness equipment and supplies needed for the specific exercise activity.
- Stays updated on the latest developments pertinent to the department and become well versed and trained in their usage.
- Ensures a pleasant visit to each guest.
- Maintain effective guest relations.
- Performs special projects delegated by the supervisor and/or director.
- Must follow all safety procedures for department and Miraval.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1 years of fitness instruction experience.
- College Degree in Exercise Science and/or Personal Trainer Certifications and Group Fitness Instructor from ACE, AFAA, NASM, or ACSM.
CPR and AED certified and first aid certification required. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to perform requirements of instructing fitness related activities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, grasp, push, bend, jump, swim and visual acuity. Employee must have the ability to stand and walk during entire shift. Free of physical limitations and capable of leading walks and teaching exercise classes
The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Health Club
Req ID: TUC000318
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.