Hyatt Bartender in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
As Philadelphia’s only hotel on the National Register of Historic Places, The Bellevue Hotel has been at the forefront of shaping the city’s cultural, culinary and cocktail scene since becoming its first luxury hotel in 1904. Timeless architecture, local art, the East Coast’s largest fitness facility and modern design of spacious guest rooms with soaring ceilings are just a few things that make The Bellevue Hotel unlike any other in Philadelphia.
Stylish and inviting, the hip XIX (Nineteen) hotel bar is a popular destination for Center City gatherings. Offering rich chocolate-colored leather booths hidden in alcoves to share tempting appetizers, guests can share news of the day over one of XIX’s 19 signature cocktails. Works of local artists adorn the walls as a glass of wine is sipped or a crafted brew enjoyed from the cushioned, high backed chairs and leather furnishings scattered throughout. Whether enjoying an aperitif before dinner in our restaurant or savoring one last drink in front of the soothing fireplace, patrons find themselves wishing to remain in the relaxing warmth of this contemporary Center City Philadelphia bar.
XIX Bartenders are responsible for providing libations and offering customized recommendations. The right person should be familiar with the latest in mixology, bar equipment, and sanitation standards, with a focus on maintaining an attractive bar. A XIX Bartender will engage in casual conversation and create the bar experience by their style and service attributes. This position allows for building on one’s style and previous bartending experiences to ensure guests and patrons alike have a memorable experience. Preferred candidates will have understanding of state and local serving guidelines.
As a member of Hyatt's team, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- $1,000 per year for Educational Assistance
- Discounted Hotel Room Nights
- Free Meals in our Colleague Dining Room
- Paid Time Off
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal communication skills and ability to read non-verbal cues from bar patrons
- Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight
- Must have excellent customer service skills and ability to provide service recover, if necessary
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Candidate must have open availability including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Previous experience required as a bartender in a contemporary bar, featuring signature cocktails
Primary Location: US-PA-Philadelphia
Organization: The Bellevue Hotel
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: PHI001643