Hyatt Team Leader - Kitchen Hand in MELBOURNE, Australia
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Leading Global Hotel Brand
- Competitive Salary & benefits
Learning, Development & Career advancement opportunities About Park Hyatt Melbourne
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
As the Team Leader – Kitchen Hand, you will assist with the smooth and efficient running of the department through the supervision of staff in accordance with the established brand standards of Hyatt International. You will assist and guide with washing, cleaning and stocking of operating equipment. Working in a team of 15, you will support the Stewarding Manager in supervising and managing the day to day operations as well as supporting the team to achieve our purpose.
This varied and dynamic role provides a chance to develop your Hospitality career within an international company; either in Australia or overseas.
The role doesnotinvolve any food preparation, though on occasion you may be required to assist the Chefs with plate-up.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assist the Stewards and the Manager in the daily operations
- Delegate responsibilities and duties to Stewarding staff and monitor their tasks including cleaning, dishwashing or pot washing where necessary
- Work with the Stewarding Manager to maximize employee morale and productivity
- Assist in conducting fortnightly payroll processing with the support of Human Resources and Payroll
- Ensure departments operational budget is strictly adhered to
- Assist in monitoring costs and wastage
- Ensure sanitary conditions according to HACCP are fulfilled
- Participate in staff training and briefings and to conduct them in lieu of Management
Conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies Qualifications
Previous supervisory experience in a similar role and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional people management and interpersonal skills, along with strong communication (both written & verbal) skills
- The confidence to promote ideas and make sound decisions under pressure
- A strong attention to detail and the desire to produce high quality operational and administrative outcomes
- The ability to create a positive first impression with an understanding of the importance of 5 star grooming standards
The flexibility to work on a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com and @parkhyattmelbourne
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.hyatt.jobs
Primary Location: AU-VI-Melbourne
Organization: Park Hyatt Melbourne
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MEL001332