Hyatt Director of Finance and Information Technology in CALGARY, Canada
We are looking for a Director of Finance and Information Technology
We have an exciting opportunity within our Finance Team. Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Finance would be accountable for delivering financial and performance analyses that facilitates effective strategic and tactical decisions that drives profitable growth within the hotel. / / The Director of Finance provides expert financial support and analysis to the Leadership Team and Operational Managers in the form of financial forecasts, business analysis expertise and financial modeling to aide business partners in decision making, business strategy and operational planning and evaluation. / / The Director of Finance Role is a critical senior leader management position that requires a candidate that is a results-driven, pro-active trusted business leader, and a natural influencer that can lead a team of high performers.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), corporate policies and standards
- Oversee the day to day finance operations by providing leadership, guidance and support to the Finance and IT team
- Interpret financial data and recommend appropriate course of action
- Partner with the leadership team to explore new business opportunities and develop strategies to improve revenue, estimate costs and drive profit
- Develop, implement and support the delivery of financial products and services to meet the needs of the organization
- Lead and manage financial analysis and accounting operations in support of and in alignment with the Hyatt Regency Business Plan
- Manage and communicate cash flow balances, deposits and any related issues.
- Serve as a financial advising liaison to hotel management and ownership
- Identify, promote and help implement process improvement initiatives within and outside the finance area whenever possible
- Train non- financial site managers as appropriate to enhance business understanding
- Manage relationships with bankers, auditors, legal professionals and all relevant external contacts
- Support compensation planning process by providing analysis of potential financial impact, and compliance to company strategy and objectives
- Provide oversight over audit processes by conducting self-audits and providing information to internal audit department as necessary
- Provide sound financial advice and influence to meet or exceed business objectives through strong business acumen and high level of engagement with business partners
Identify opportunities to optimize the Hotel IT infrastructure in order to drive operational excellence Why Hyatt Regency Calgary At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
We Are Energizing: When speaking with our guests, we are dynamic, refreshing and stimulating
We Are Clever: Here, we do things the smart way, not just the way they’ve always been done before. We’re always thinking one step ahead, satisfying guests’ needs in unique, delightful and surprising ways, as they go through their day.
We Are Confident: We’re innovators and experts at providing the experiences, care and amenities our guests want, all delivered with enthusiasm and pride. They can feel relaxed and confident because we’ve got everything covered.
Hyatt associates work in a 24/7 environment that demands exceptional performance and shifts that may change due to business needs, yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Accounting experience (typically with Hyatt)
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hospitality or Accounting degree preferred
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
Primary Location: CA-AB-Calgary
Organization: Hyatt Regency Calgary
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CAL001983