Hyatt Senior Event Manager in AUSTIN, Texas
Miraval Austin (formally Travaasa Experiential Resort) sits nestled in 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis and just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Our property is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will soon include 117 guest rooms, conference facilities, a beautifully-appointed restaurant with an exhibition kitchen and outdoor patio, full-service spa with infinity edge pool, fitness center, horse stables and covered arena, farm, outdoor adventure courses, and many other facilities and amenities available to our guests at this all-inclusive resort.
During our time of growth and expansion, we are seeking a Senior Event Manager to join our growing team and help us get ready for our re-opening in Fall 2018. The Event Manager will be responsible for planning and executing all aspects of assigned group events from contract turnover through actualized event. This position successfully leads daily activities of the Events Team and w orks with all resort departments to execute all aspects of contracted group program. Also responsible for engaging groups in the Miraval Experience with best available, revenue driven culinary, programming and spa options.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for group business and fully coordinates events so that guest experiences are consistent with what has been represented to our guests and will meet their satisfaction.
- Is knowledgeable about Miraval Austin and conducts planning site visits and assists the sales team with VIP on-property site visits. Is proficient in finding creative ways to meet client needs and guiding the client to best use of spaces and staffing.
- Generates revenue through educating and selling Miraval Experiences that are engaging and embody our core values.
- Create detailed and complete BEO’s to communicate event Setup, AV, F&B, and Programing to staff.
- Manages BEO and Group Resume distribution and communicating meeting reminders.
- Manages hotel spaces, creates and publishes calendars and notices to ensure that guests, attendees, and hotel staff are informed of all group events, including programming.
- Oversees all aspects of Banquet Check processing within the event and banquet departments.
- Provides accurate assimilation and processing of banquet charges for accounting.
- Interface with clients daily while on property and introduce client to banquet team.
- Is familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and acknowledges guests in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Ensures that all confidential and financial data is maintained securely and handled in a discreet fashion.
- Responds to all issues (internal and external) in a positive manner and takes action to resolve.
- Manages rooming list, cut off dates, attrition calculations in conjunction with the Event, Sales and Reservations Coordinators.
- Assist sales team in coordinating in-market sales trips or FAMS.
- Source vendors for meeting services not in Miraval inventory including upcharge per SOP.
Keeps current of industry trends in sales and marketing for high end destination spa resorts. Key Competencies:
Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills including focus on relevant details.
- Passionate about our core values and the unique attributes of the Hotel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Delphi FDC, Resort Suites and Excel
- General knowledge of A/V equipment and food service styles
- Creative, genuine, service driven and passionate about exceeding guest expectations
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format
- Creates and maintains positive relationships to elicit buy-in and cooperation of others
- Confidence in decision-making and problem-solving skills utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment and experience.
- Prioritizes and follows through on all job related duties.
Flexible to work some nights and weekends when necessary based on business and staffing needs
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt room nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Four year college degree in sales, tourism, business or equivalent experience that demonstrates required knowledge is preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in hotel event management, with experience at a resort property strongly preferred.
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: Miraval Travaasa Austin
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: AUS003884